Nota informativa sobre el tratamiento de datos personales
Our servers are located in Germany, therefore by using the Site and providing your information you consent to the transfer of such information to our German servers.
The personal information processed by Benetton is provided by users when they sign up for the services offered on the Site, such as creating an account, subscribing to the newsletter or making a purchase online. When navigating the Site, certain aggregate information (e.g., IP address, device information, etc.) may also be collected.
The Site uses tracking systems and cookies to collect information concerning visitors’ interactions with the Site and other aggregate information, such as type of browser, pages viewed, location of the server used by the computer, etc., in order to make users’ browsing more efficient. For further information on the cookies used by the Site, click here
2. Mandatory or Optional Information
Personal information is provided at the user’s discretion. However, certain information, such as name, address, email address, payment information, etc., may be necessary in order to provide certain services offered on the Site (e.g., order fulfillment, newsletter, customer service, etc.). We will inform you if the information requested is necessary or optional by marking with an asterisk (*) the information that is required. Your failure to disclose optional information may preclude you from using some of our optional, personalized features of the Site.
3. Processing of Information
The personal information collected through the Site will be processed, by manual and automated means, for the following purposes:
- Order fulfillment and related activities;
- Management of payments;
- Registration for an account or our newsletter;
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations, as well as with requests from law enforcement authorities or agencies;
- Sending commercial communications by telephone, text, MMS and e-mail concerning Benetton’s products and services, [provided you have expressly consented to such use of your information]; and
- Performing market research, surveys and customization of the Site’s services, [provided you have expressly consented to such use of your information].
4. Security Measures
Benetton has adopted security measures to protect user information. We restrict access to information only to employees, contractors and agents that need to process information for the purposes set forth herein. Benetton cannot guarantee that the security measures adopted for the protection of the Site, and for the transmission of data and information through the Site, will prevent or exclude any risk of unauthorized access to or loss of data. Any transmission of information over the Internet is at your own risk.
When processing your credit card information in connection with the purchase of products on the Site, we comply with PCI DSS standards.
5. Disclosure of User Information
The information collected on the Site may be shared with the following third parties:
- Controlled/affiliated companies (collectively, the “Benetton Group”), including licensees and joint venture partners, as well as affiliated or unaffiliated third parties or successors in interest in the event there is a change in the corporate structure of Benetton, including, without limitation, by merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation, or transfer of substantial assets;
- Third party service providers that we retain to process your information in connection with the services provided on the Site or other ancillary services, including, without limitation, payment processing and debt collection, IT support, customer support, market research, promotional and marketing communications, recordkeeping, auditing, etc.
- Law enforcement authorities, in order to comply with applicable law or legal process or to respond to a request for information from such authorities. We may also provide your information where necessary for the defense of legal claims or for fraud prevention purposes.
The list of third-party data processing companies will be kept up to date by our Privacy Office, and will be made available at Benetton’s registered offices.
6. Changing, Updating or Removing Your Information
Users may update, correct, block or remove their personal information at any time and free of charge by contacting us by writing to Benetton Group S.r.l. – Data Privacy Office – via Villa Minelli 1 – 31050 Ponzano Veneto (Treviso), Italy at any time.
For security purposes, we may ask that you identify yourself and the information you wish to access, change or delete, and we will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. By removing some of your information, you may not be able to access some of the Site’s services and features. Despite requests for removal of information, we may keep some of your personal information if required by law and/or for recordkeeping purposes.
7. Links To Third Party Sites
We provide hyperlinks to third party websites only for the convenience of our users and it is not a recommendation that users access such third party websites. We do not guarantee the services or goods provided and sold by such third party websites. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY BENETTON, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BENETTON BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
8. Social Media Sites
When you access the Site through a third party social media site and/or application, we may access some of the information from your social media account, including name, email address, profile picture, location, friend list, posts and/or likes. Some aggregate information, such as content viewed on the social media site/application, may also be collected.
Some of the Site’s services are integrated with social sharing features, e.g., liking or sharing a product on a social media platform. Depending on the settings on your social media accounts, these activities may show up on your profile and be visible to your friends/followers and/or the public.
You may unsubscribe from any marketing communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” button included in all of our marketing emails or by contacting us at email@example.com
10. Rights of California Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit: www.ftc.gov.
If you are a resident of California, you may request that we not share your information with certain affiliates or third parties providers for marketing purposes, and/or you may inquire as to how we have shared your information with third parties providers for marketing purposes. In connection with such request, we will identify the types of information shared and provide you with the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the information was shared. If you would like to receive any such information, please contact us by writing to Benetton Group S.r.l. – Data Privacy Office – via Villa Minelli 1 – 31050 Ponzano Veneto (Treviso), Italy.
Do Not Track Signals
Our Site does not recognize Do Not Track signals. Some third parties may collect aggregate information about the users’ online activities over time and across websites while using the Site. While this information generally does not include personally identifiable information, certain processing activities that combine aggregate information with other information in possession of such third parties could result in the identification of users.
11. Children’s Rights
We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18 years old, you may use the Site only under the supervision of a parent or guardian. In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect, solicit or use personal information of children under the age of 13 provided without parental consent. Should we become aware that a user under the age of 13 has registered without verifiable parental consent, any such information will be deleted.